Open Today! Service: 7am-12pm | Call us at: 507-961-1510
Keeping your vehicle safe on the road requires working brakes. You need to be able to stop quickly, knowing you can rely on your brakes to kick in properly when you call on them. Yet every time you use them, they get a little more wear and tear.
Unexpected situations happen regularly on the road, and you need to know you can trust your brakes. We have a comprehensive list of brake services to keep your car or truck in good, working order.
Signs of Brake System Problems
The last thing you want is to come to a stopping situation, only to find that your car can’t stop. Your brakes often show signs that problems are brewing. If you’re noticing any of these signs, you’ll want to bring your vehicle in right away:
Thin Brake Pads: On many vehicles, the brake pads are visible between the wheel spokes. If you can see the pads, see how thick they are. If they are worn to under ¼ of an inch, it’s time to have the vehicle serviced.
Squeaky Brakes: Your brakes should operate quietly. If you’re hearing squeaks or metal-on-metal sounds, it’s a warning that the brakes need servicing. This sound comes from a small metal shim built into the brake to warn you when it’s time to replace them.
Grinding Brakes: If your brakes are grinding, it means the brake pads have worn completely away. The brake disc and caliper are now rubbing together. This may require additional repairs such as replacing the rotors.
Poor Responsiveness: If your brake pedal feels loose or pushes too far, the brake lines may have an issue. Air in the line or a fluid leak can cause these problems.
Braking Vibration: When a brake’s rotors get warped, it can cause the car to vibrate when you’re trying to stop. This can happen when you drive in challenging, harsh braking conditions that cause you to “ride the brakes.” Driving down a mountain, for example, can cause warping of the rotors.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, don’t wait. Your vehicle’s ability to stop may be at risk. Visit our shop for help.
Brake Services for Area Drivers
We offer all types of brake services. Visit our shop for:
- Brake Inspections: We recommend having your brakes professionally inspected every 3 months or 3,000 miles.
- Brake Repair: If you’ve noticed one of the problems listed above, you need prompt repair services.
- Brake Replacement: While we can often repair the problem with your brakes, sometimes they simply need a full replacement. Our team of automotive experts can quickly replace the brakes to get you back on the road again.
- Brake Pad and Shoe Replacement: Replacing the brake pads or shoes is a common type of brake repair, and something our team can tackle for you.
- Brake Hose Repair: A crushed brake hose can cause the brakes to lag, while a leak can cause them to fail. We can replace brake hoses to avoid these problems.
- Brake Fluid Flushes: Like other fluids in your vehicle, your brake fluid can break down over time. Routine brake fluid flushes can protect your brakes.
- Rotor Resurfacing: York vehicle’s disc brake system can develop grooves and cracks in the rotors. Resurfacing them can reduce vibrations or squeaking.
Trust our team to give you an honest evaluation of your braking system’s needs. Whether you need a full brake replacement or a simple repair, our mechanics will give you an honest answer and reliable brake services. Stop in today for a brake inspection, and leave with confidence knowing that your brakes will do their job when you need them to.
- Complete Pad/Lining/Rotor Replacements
- Hose & Line Replacement
- Fluid Exchange
- Chemical Brake Fluid Service
- Rear Drums & Shoes
- Machine Lathe
Dahl Express Service Center in Winona services the needs of La Crescent, La Crosse, Lewiston, Onalaska, St Charles, Winona.